Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hawaii Part Two

A Bird that Visited Us Every Day


Dad Being Sly to Get a Picture of the Bird


 

Dad Found a Target While We were There.

They all wore red Hawaiian shirts, dad's going to work on

getting some for his store.



Akaka Falls in Hilo, Hawaii


Sliding into Akaka Falls


Tarzan trying to Swing into the Falls

Rainbow Falls in Hilo, Hawaii

Dad-Looking Like a Lil' Boy

There was a giant drop off under him, I was worried!

This was a trail off of the scenic route to Hilo.



A Ranch Outside of Akaka Falls

The ocean is in the background, now that's the way to live!

Kayaking to the Cook Monument

I didn't want to get fried! We went snorkeling there.

Beautiful fish, pictures to come. :)

Our Anniversary Dinner at Brown's Beach House.

It was a beautiful sunset. At sunset a Polynesian man stood out on the rocks

and blew into a conch shell to the four corners of the earth, then ran

and lit the torches along the sidewalk.


4 comments:

  1. My favorites:

    -The last pic. You are too cute in your Hawaiian garb!
    -Mom's white floppy hat.
    -Dad's future Target store. I love the idea of red Hawaiian target shirts. When he gets some, he should save one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you texted me after midnight on a school night to come check out the blog. I forgive you. This time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The falls are too beautiful! And those vines looked fun, were you really able to swing into the bottom or jump off rocks into the water anywhere?? And I have to agree with Tamara that the picture of you both in your Hawaiian clothes on your anniversary is my favorite! I want a copy of that you lovebirds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Akaka Falls were too protected, we had to stay on the trail. But if you look close into the Rainbow Falls picture you can see people swimming on top of it. We went walking around and found a way to get up there. That's where we took the swimming pictures. You can jump off of the rocks into a deeper part on the other side. I was having major issues with the lack of traction on my water shoes. I think if I were to go again, I'd bring an old pair of hiking boots that I didn't care about and trash them there.

    ReplyDelete